photo courtesy of Julie Faith Photography

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Baby Shower!

It's a fun thing when someone close to you has a baby. Until now I haven't had that experience. Yes, I've know ladies that have had children. My sister has 3 kids, plus I was a nanny for 2 years, and am actually still in childcare. But to have someone close to you that
you actually still live near...well, that's a different experience as the friend of a pregnant woman.

I have such a friend at the moment so I just recently had the joy of hosting my first baby shower! My boss (in the daycare/preschool I work in) allowed us to have an extended lunch hour on a teacher work-day so we went to a California style Mexican restaurant (Cafe Capistrano in the Carpenter Village area of Cary, NC) and all enjoyed a new restaurant that we don't ordinarily have lunch-time access to as a group. The food was delicious and they were wonderful hosts for our 20 member party! Needless to say, the shower was a success because my friend felt honored.


Plus, I got to make flowers for the event!!! Here are some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment