photo courtesy of Julie Faith Photography

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

There is a plan!

As with any new endeavor, there needs to be a plan. I feel like sharing some of my plan with you. This all began with the quandary of how I will help provide for my children (once I have them)? Yes, I am quite happily married, but with recurrent economic fluctuation, I feel compelled to, at very least, contribute to our financial sustenance. The motivation behind It's YOUR Day was formed by realizing that I wanted to work 3-ish days/week out of my home doing something I love, something creative (not making phone calls or stuffing envelopes). Helping brides celebrate their most momentous occasion, yet not be "married" to a shop that required constant time away from home and family, in addition to the inability to travel for holidays, has been my dream.
In providing floral decor year round, yet within a limited market, I've decided to work out of my home, thus removing the overhead cost of space rental, utilities, shop upkeep, merchandise, and so much more. Many of you will say, "Finally! The wedding budget can relax a bit!" What great news!!! And finding a wholesale floral distributor helps me keep costs even lower to the bride!

Professionally, I do weddings because God honors marriage. It is a true celebratory event. What an honor to be able to help someone celebrate such a joyous occasion!

Personally, my greatest anticipation is to be working in "my flower room" while my baby(ies) are rolling around the playpen or napping. When the hubby comes home I'll have the ability to retreat once again (if necessary) to continue my true vocation.
In time, It's YOUR Day will have a more presentable portfolio that will lend brides to trust my unique, yet dazzling creation. That trust will create a sense of relaxation; in terms of their decor, they have nothing to fear.

I'd like to add that yes, while this is a glimpse my plan, it holds no significance if it is not the Lord's plan. As my life belongs to Him, I mean that all of my life, including my career and finances. I fully trust that He has equipped me for something that will bring Him glory and honor. Is it It's YOUR Day? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment